Image Map

Texas History Unit 1

So I am officially moving to 4th Grade! I am excited but nervous for the change. I think the biggest task I have is getting organized and setting up my classroom. Being 6 months pregnant is going to make this a little difficult!

Another daunting task I have ahead of me, is brushing up on my Texas History! Wow! its been awhile since I have read about or talked about Texas History. To make my life easier, I am starting my summer off by going through the curriculum and creating lesson plans and units to help me teach the curriculum. 



I formatted this document similar to my Social Studies Units for 2nd grade. I  think I like this a little better ;). 

What will your students learn?!?
• The importance of the declaration of independence,
the U.S. Constitution, and the bill of rights
• Explain the meaning of various patriotic symbols and
landmarks of the U.S and Texas.
• Recite and explain the meaning of the Pledge of
Allegiance to the United States flag and to the Texas
Flag
• Identify the five themes of geography
• Apply geographic tools to construct and interpret
maps
Whats included?!?
-2 weeks worth of lessons to help you kick off your social studies curriculum
-Documents to help set up your notebooks
-A rubric to help you grade your students work
-An objective overview for the curriculum
-Detailed lesson plans to help motivate and inspire your students interactive journals
-Foldables, activities, and writing prompts for each lesson
-an end of the unit review and test to help assess your students knowledge

Here are some pictures of a few of the documents included!




Check out my TPT store for your own copy! HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment