Image Map

Summer Projects

This summer has been full of projects and to dos. Not nearly close to being done but crossing one thing off at a time. I am so excited about my new Workshop labels I created for my classroom. I keep going back and forth on my color scheme. My LOVE for Johanna Gaines is so intense that I want all things metal, wood, and greenery. But... I have to remind myself this is a classroom... not my house. Although, I will end up spending just about the same amount of time (maybe more there). So without further ado.... 

Project 1: Math and Reading Workshop Labels 

I created two different versions of my labels. One is black with a pop of color and the other is color with white font. I decided for my room I am going to use the black and color. But, on my TPT you can still dl the colorful ones too (they are all included in the product)
Here they are in my anchor chart...


I am pretty pleased with how they turned out!

Project #2: Math and Reading Workshop bins

To help keep myself sane and really get the best use out this product, I knew I needed a way to help keep all of the papers and materials organized. This is where I have to shoutout a little thanks to all the amazing teachers who kept posting about the 40% off sale at Michaels this week. I have been wanting those beautiful colorful plastic drawer bins for ALONG TIME! but.... they are $$$$$. and I am cheap. Originally the bins are around $80, but on sale they were $30 plus 15% off with my teacher discount. Although I have been drooling over the rainbow colored shelves, I just knew I would get tired off it, and i wanted something easier on the eyes. I ended up buying the clear ones...


I LOVE how they turned out! The labels added the pop they needed. I plan to have my students keep their math and reading workshop folders in the group drawers. Along with their workbooks and any reading club books that they are working on. In the other drawers I plan to keep the materials that they need for each center. For the extra drawers I am thinking I will add extension activities that they can work on when they are done. Maybe some type of project they can complete. For the resource drawer I am going to keep hardcopies of a reading log, partner accountability talk, and any other documents the kids might need to add to their workshop folders... notes, vocab, posits, anything that they might need to help them work at their stations. Once I get my workshop up and running I will know for sure what goes where, but for now I am really excited about the potential this has!

Project#3 My Teacher Toolbox!
I am amazed at how this turned out. My mother-in-law gave me an old plastic 22 drawer tool box to give to my husband. Ha yea I gave it to him, that and a can of mint color spray paint. (He was happy to help)

I am so thankful that he agreed to paint this for me. He is the best! I really love the mint color. It is calming and not too loud. I think it will look nice on my desk (hopefully not turn into my kitchen junk drawer). I laminated and hot glued the labels on. It was pretty easy. You can get the labels on my TPT store as well. 

Now off to create more things... don't know whats next tho. There is a BIG list...

If you would like your own labels click on the links!

Enjoy your last few weeks of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment